Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Just real quick...

* This fall was nice, but it is over. The pretty leaves are gone. The weather has been cold and wet. And the snowbirds are back, darn them. "Snowbird" is a local term for these little gray birds (maybe Juncos?) that flock around the roads this time of year- they migrate south just ahead of the snows, and usually arrive about two weeks before the first flurries.

* I'm having a hard time deciding what to do now that there are no races to look forward to and, therefore, no training schedule to follow. I'm still doing something every day, but I feel like there is no focus, other than just doing what I enjoy when I can get to it. Maybe that's not so bad.

* My "middle child" turned 12 last week. In one more year, I'll have three teenagers. I sure do love you, Pumpkin... always have and always will. Also, yesterday was the anniversary of Robert's discharge from the hospital. He wasn't even five pounds yet!

* I am really fascinated by CrossFit, although I haven't tried any of the WODs yet. These folks are freaky-fit!

* Finally, a quote I came across and want to remember: "If it is important to you, you will make time; if not, you will make excuses."

No comments:

Post a Comment