Saturday, March 2, 2013

M. I. F.

I tried a new workout video today, thank you Netflix.  Moms Into Fitness, Third Trimester.  Maybe it's because I'm still in my 2nd Tri, but I had a hard time getting into M.I.F.

The instructor was OK.  Too much talking, but they all tend to jabber.  She kept saying "buncakes" instead of "butt", which was just puerile.  Her cueing was off or absent altogether.  It's pretty bad when the ladies making your video with you are getting confused.  But her energy was pretty good; enthusiastic but not overly perky.

The workout itself was pretty basic.  I'm sure I'm going to feel it in the morning, but it was easy.  The toning/cardio section was only about 34 minutes long.  There is nothing wrong with a short, intense workout, but there was no intensity, just lots of slow repetition.  So it's not a huge calorie burn but a decent strength training session.  She did a lot for the upper back, which is an area I tend to forget.

The 26-minute yoga session was similar; not impressive but not at all bad.  My conclusion-  I need to give it another try.  I'm thinking this will be a good workout to do when I can't decide what I need my focus to be for that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment