Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Freak Out

I took my measurements before working out today. Wrote them all down, then used the same body fat calculator that I've been using the last couple of years. (I know it's not the most accurate way to assess body composition, but I mainly use it to watch for a downward trend.) The last time I did this, I was at 26.9%. I figured that being right after the holidays my number would be (artificially?) higher. And it was. 38.7% THIRTY-EIGHT-POINT-SEVEN PERCENT!!??

!?!?!?

I admit, I freaked.

It wasn't until hours later, I was at work and realized why it was so high. I had entered my height as 60 inches. That's five feet! I was so relieved, I literally LOL'ed.

So, given the fact that I am SIX feet tall- not five- my estimate came out to 30.4%. I'm not loving that number, but at least it is still in the "acceptable" category for a woman. And I bet once I'm back to a more normal diet, that number will go down quickly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment