Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Good Advice

When heading out for an "out and back" winter run, I've been told it is best to always start against the wind. Today the wind was from the south, so I headed south on our road. My goal wasn't speed or time, but rather to just get out there and enjoy it. I think of these as BTN runs. (BTN: Better Than Nothing) I was taking a nice, easy pace with a run/walk ratio of 4:1. Like I said, I was out just to be out!

The longer you can put up with the cold wind in your face, the longer you get to enjoy the wind at your back.

There's a life metaphor in there somewhere, but I'm going to be late for work if I sit here and try to tease it out.

Chuck and I went out to the ski trail at Courtney Lake yesterday. It was so much fun! I think I'm getting more comfortable on the skis- accepting what they are and understanding that I probably won't hurt myself if I fall. It was a lovely afternoon, and I hope we can go out again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment