Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mid-Winter Whatever

We've made it halfway through the month of January. Yay! There's only five more months until spring!

I've been checking in on the website for my local running club almost every day. When are they going to update the race calendar? Did they update today? No. *sniff* Maybe tomorrow...!

Since I'm running every other day, I'm alternating weeks with three and four runs per week. I've been averaging 11 miles per week, which is really low. I'd like to get up to at least 20 miles per week. The problem is, I just don't know how to make myself stay on the treadmill more than about an hour; my longest run for weeks and weeks has been six miles. And I'm a little hesitant about running four or more days a week. I've been telling myself that I need that day off between each run, that I can't run two days in a row.

I have to keep this in perspective, though. Before a year ago, I thought it was something to jog a quarter mile in the middle of my walk. I am making progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment