Thursday, September 22, 2011

Juice Name Fail

One of our favorite vegetable juices is based on the recipe called "Mexican-Style Jugo" at the Reboot website.

I decided to enter it in the database at My Fitness Pal, which one way or another led me to look up the word jugo. (It means "juice". Duh.) But thanks to Google, I was taken to this definition, courtesy of the Urban Dictionary:

pedota jugoso: an extravagantly powerful and juicy fart.

I decided to name my entry "Mexican Style Veg Juice". In case you want to try it the way I make it, here's what you put through your juicer (wash and prep as needed, of course):
  • one bunch cilantro
  • two large cucumbers
  • one bunch celery
  • two poblano peppers
  • two jalapeno peppers or six serrano peppers
  • two limes or two lemons (not both)
This makes about two quarts of juice. It's so spicy and good- it never lasts long.

We have been wheat-free for three days now. I can only speak for myself, but it hasn't been as difficult as I thought it would be. Meal planning and prep is a lot more important when you can't just throw a frozen pizza in the oven. (Going to the Drive Thru has been impossible since we moved here; frozen pizza was our fast food.) When they ask, "What's for [insert meal name here]?" I need to have a good answer or God help me because Betty Crocker can't. That is about the only drawback, and it really isn't a drawback. A little more discipline in the kitchen certainly wouldn't hurt any of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment